I wouldn't run most of these photos under any circumstances. When you run a photo you have to think of all the possible consequences that would happen as a result of you running the photo. The photo of the the boy that drowned in the lake is extremely intrusive. Running a picture of a dead person for me doesn't add to a story at all. Even if this photo was cropped it would still be intruding on a private grieving moment within a family. A dog to many is also a part of a family in many families and either way a picture of a someone grieving to me is intrusive. The dead dog picture is the only picture that I might run if the story is local and I would probably run it on an inside page. The other pictures of death; the state treasurer who committed suicide and the printing plant employee that was shot are very graphic and gory pictures. These graphic photos do not add to the story and are hard to look at. I wouldn't run either of these photos because it would be unethical to run a photo of a dead person, their face especially. The photo of the person who climbed the fence is also really graphic. I think if I saw that in a newspaper I would be disgusted and would probably not even read the story as a result; this photo would definitely turn readers away. The last photo of the woman is unnecessary to run in a newspaper I think the cutline does a good job job explaining the story without the graphic. The person in this photo must feel embarrassed. I would not run this photo because of privacy reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment